Accepting Nominations until October 30, 2020 at 5:00pm.
The Moore Chamber of Commerce represents a growing number of businesses in the Moore area.
Have you considered being a member of the Board of Directors?
Being a member of the Chamber board is a significant commitment that involves attending one monthly board meeting, participating in at least one Chamber committee, and attending Chamber and community events (between 2 to 4 hours total monthly). Board members are elected to a term of three years with a maximum two terms.
However, the commitment also brings benefits. Being a board member allows you to be actively involved in some of the most important issues facing our business community and our region, and to give back to the community by contributing the knowledge and expertise you have developed through your professional and community involvement.
Prior to submitting a candidate’s name, please confer with them to ensure they are willing to accept the nomination and serve on the board.
Qualities and Requirements of a Board Member:
- Member in Good Standing.
- Has solid ethics, strong business/community involvement, and belief in the purpose of the Chamber.
- Attendance & Participation—we need you to be engaged in our board and committees, be available to attend the monthly meeting, and be willing to serve as a board liaison for a Chamber committee.
- Representation & Positive Presence—we need leading ambassadors within our community! Social media and public comments should reflect positively on the City of Moore, the Chamber of Commerce and fellow Chamber members.
- Strategic Planning & Implementation—we need big thinkers and forward-moving business leaders.
- Recruitment & Retention—we need your help in growing and retaining membership.
- Financial resources—we need your support with Chamber events and resources in fundraising events.
- Confidentiality agreement—must be willing to sign and adhere to as a Board member.
- All potential Board members who are not the company owner, CEO or President must have approval from the company owner, CEO or president to be considered for a seat on the Chamber board. As well as be able to speak on behalf of the company to which they are representing.
For more information, please contact the Chamber President/CEO, Kathy Gillette, IOM at 405.794.3400.