Are you a current or emerging leader in the Moore area? Are you ready to gain more insight and get more involved with your community? You can be part of an incredible experience shared by leaders from the business, government, and not-for-profit sectors. Come see why the Leadership Moore experience is one you will never forget.
Founded in 1997, Leadership Moore is dedicated to educating and motivating citizens to serve in leadership roles within and throughout our community. This program was designed to foster the development of a group of professionals who grow and learn together over a seven-month period. Leadership Moore sessions contribute to the knowledge and understanding of leadership.
Each session is conducted by prominent individuals from the public and private sector, sharing their knowledge on real-world topics of leadership/ municipal concerns impacting the Moore Region.
- Encourage participants to develop long-lasting relationships with other leaders.
- Offer opportunities to discover the inner workings of the community and challenges facing the region.
- Challenge each participant to recognize his/her individual role and responsibility as a leader.
Class XXV Details:
- Leadership Moore will kick off in September with graduation in March.
- Sessions will cover a variety of leadership and personal development topics.
- Enhanced opportunity to interact with local nonprofits.
2022-2023 Program Dates*
- Sept. 12: Team Building
- Oct. 4: Education
- Nov. 7: City/Public Safety
- Nov. 21: County
- Dec. 13: Heart of Moore
- Jan 12: Tinker Air Force Base
- Feb. 17: Moore Experience
- Mar. 7: State Capitol
- Mar. 28: Graduation
Please review all dates and give careful consideration to your ability to attend all sessions. Most sessions are held from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm unless otherwise noted.
*Dates and Times are subject to verification upon acceptance to the program.
Applications and supporting documents are due to the Moore Chamber by August 15, 2022. Each applicant must have a recommendation submitted from their employer. Applicants will be reviewed by the committee; select applicants will be granted an interview and notified of acceptance. Class size is limited. For more information on the Leadership Moore program please contact Kim Brown, IOM, President/CEO at 405.794.3400 or by email.
Not sure if your company is a member of the Moore Chamber of Commerce, click here to check our directory of members to verify.
Leadership Moore accepts approximately 20 individuals after the application review process. Applicants must live and/or work in the Moore area. A conscious effort is made to select participants who represent a cross-section of the community in terms of experience and occupation to build a diverse class with various backgrounds.