Look for this decal/flyer at participating businesses
According to a January 2022 article from Spotify's Retail Blog:
- 32% of consumers say they're likely to engage with in-store experiential moments.
- In the last year, 47% of consumers were more likely to purchase from a brand due to its local presence.
- 54% of consumers say that over the next year they're likely to look at a product online and buy it in-store.
- 53% of shoppers are likely to look at a product in-store and buy it online.
- 55% of consumers want to browse products online and check what’s available in local stores.
The Moore Chamber would like to remind area residents, as well as visitors, how important it is to do business locally. This campaign is designed to raise awareness YEAR ROUND of the importance in keeping dollars local and how it affects public services, local businesses, jobs and community activities.
The past few years have changed the way people shop and think about shopping, with many of us now being more conscious about the decisions we make on spending and travel. In today's society, how we approach shopping is ever-changing, but the benefits of shopping local remain the same:
1. Economic Vitality
For each dollar you spend at a local business, it returns an average of 3 times more money into your community.
2. Build Community
The casual encounters you enjoy at local businesses and the public spaces around them nurture relationships, community cohesiveness, and smiles. They are the ultimate social networking sites.
3. More Jobs & Opportunity
Not only do local businesses employ more people per dollar of revenue, they use local printers, accountants, media, attorneys, artists, and others, expanding opportunities for local entrepreneurs.
4. Support Community Groups
Non-profit organizations receive an average of 250% more support from local businesses.
5. Customer Service
Local business owners know you, and you know them. What does this mean for you - your salespeople typically have a better understanding of the products and have the time to get to know you.